- List the different types of docking lines you need to tie a boat up properly.
- What do you call the dock lines that prevent the boat from moving forward or aft?
- What do you call the line that keeps the boat from moving aft?
- What do you call the line that keeps the boat from moving forward?
- Where are spring lines typically secured on a boat?
- What is another name for docking lines?
You will likely need the following knots for mooring your boat: cleat hitch, round turn with half hitches, and possibly the bowline.
- Bow line, stern line, and 2 spring lines
- Spring lines
- The forward spring line
- The aft spring line
- They are usually secured to mid-ship cleats
- Mooring lines